Pastor Glenn Shock announced his plan to transition First Baptist Church to a new head Pastor due to health reasons.
Church Survey will be distributed Sunday, September 24. This is very important! Click the link to see the survey. Surveys are due back on October 1.
Members are also requested to fill out a demographics survey to give the Committee an idea of membership.
In accordance with the by-laws and Operations Manual, a special called Business Meeting was held August 27th to vote for Committee Members.
Your Pastor Search Committee:
Over the next several weeks, the Pastor Search Committee will be busy developing committee guidelines. This will include things like a job description for a Senior Pastor, preparing a budget, and preparing a profile of the First Baptist Church of Westcliffe to give candidates. Church members should expect a survey asking members to decide on what they would like to see in a new Senior Pastor. Be thinking about what you think makes a good, Biblical Church.
In the meantime, continue to be in prayer for your Pastor Search Committee.
Pastor Search Committee
- Continuing spiritual growth
- Spiritual discernment
- Knowing Bible truths and practicing them
- Faitful attendance and support of the Church
- Skills as a team player
- Willingness to maintain confidentiality
- Freedom to attend meetings and possibly travel occasionally
- Priority commitment to seeking and doing God's will
- Absence of a self-serving agenda